Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fictional Mars...

Mars has always been for me, as for so many people especially creators, one of those magical places of mystery, a center for storytelling and dreams.

I count myself a rabid fanatical fan of the John Carter series, and hold out no hope that a corporate media film version will follow the scantily clad princess and peerless violent swordsman model of the original.

In visiting Mars as part of HAPGOOD OF MONGO I am extremely conscious that once again, and in a context of limited means, I have to put my money -and what talent I have- where my mouth is.

I am really looking forward to the challenge of conveying my vision of the Flash Gordon version of Mars whilst trying desperately to show as little of it as possible, given how threadbare my resources are in some respects...

But I am loving the challenge. :)