Thursday, May 28, 2009

Machinima (it's what I'm doing RIGHT NOW)

I’ve just watched this video (free req required) about machinima, by Paul Marino, Executive Director, Academy of Machinima Arts and Sciences.
This terms is used to describe movies done with games or game engines.

“Machinima is real-world filmmaking techniques applied within an interactive virtual space where characters and events can be either controlled by humans, scripts or artificial intelligence.”

This totally goes along the way of what I was saying about people doing movies in their garage. (I guess I didn’t invent anything then :p) Now imagine what people could do with Santos !!

Moreover, Paul Marino uses a term I really like, which is Ubiquitous Creativity, that is enabling creativity to people who would never have access to it before (remember SimTractor? ;)


http://cb.nowan.net/blog/category/art/